Platelet-rich plasma Therapy For Facial Rejuvenation
Facial Rejuvenation & Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
Platelet-rich plasma Facial rejuvenation is a term used to describe the use of platelets derived from the patient’s blood to improve their skin and rejuvenate or revitalize it. Platelet-rich plasma was first used to restore skin and soft tissue defects, but it has recently gained popularity as a rejuvenation treatment to minimize the visible signs of aging.
The aging of stem cells primarily causes the aging of the skin. As stem cell age, they lose their potency to renew the human body’s tissues and organs. The beauty industry is greatly affected by aging. Thus, new technologies have been created to help people look young and beautiful for longer. One such breakthrough in this area is platelet-rich plasma therapy.
How does it work?
The process involves drawing a small volume of the patient’s blood, which is then centrifuged to spin down the cells such as white and red blood cells. The remaining substance in the sample is PRP and some plasma. This PRP contains many of the same factors found in our blood.
The components of PRP can help stimulate cellular regeneration and growth. They contain growth factors, cytokines, and hormones such as IGF-1, FGF2, PDGF, and TGF beta. These growth factors can affect the structure of collagen and elastin. Collagen helps strengthen the normal function of the skin, and elastin helps control its elasticity.
Since the procedure doesn’t involve any drugs, it is very safe. It is clinically shown to be safer than a typical blood draw. This treatment is also cost-effective as only a tiny amount of blood is required, and there are no side effects associated with it.
What areas can be treated?
Like other aesthetic treatment options such as liposuction and facial fillers, this therapy can be used for different body areas.
PRP therapy is effective in the following areas:
- Fine lines and stretch marks.
- Sun damaged and scarring skin areas.
How to prepare for the treatment?
The first step is determining if you have an appropriate candidate for this treatment. The patient should be in good health and not have any underlying diseases such as leukemia so that their blood can be used for treatment. The patient also needs to have a sufficient volume of qualified blood. The procedure requires about 6 ml of blood, yielding 3 to 4 ml of Platelet-rich plasma.
How Much Does It Cost?
What are the risks associated with PRP Facial rejuvenation?
There aren’t any significant side effects associated with this treatment.
1. The main risk is having an immune reaction to your blood or any part of this procedure. It will only occur if you have an underlying condition that could cause it, such as leukemia.
2. Pain during the procedure. It may occur if you are a sensitive person and can be controlled with a local anesthetic.
3. Bruising around the areas treated. It is another common side effect of any treatment that requires drawing blood from your body. It is easily manageable with anti-inflammatory medications.
4. Infection is not a very serious risk because the procedure does not involve any surgery.
5. Bleeding is unlikely but still may occur. Anti-clotting medications can help control it.
6. Swelling on your skin for about one week after the procedure. The swelling will gradually disappear as the body heals and releases growth factors from the treatment area.
7. Temporary numbness, redness, or tingling may occur as the body heals. It will go away over a relatively short period.
8. Itching or sweating in the treatment area is unlikely but can occur, so it is best to apply an anti-itch cream to treat this problem.
How can you maximize results?
There isn’t much a patient can do to maximize this type of treatment. The only things you can do to speed up the results and make them last longer are:
Select a clinic or practice where they will use platelets from your blood. At Regenerative Medicine and Orthopedics, we use your blood to create your platelet-rich plasma solution.
Make sure you have good skin health. As with most other forms of cosmetic treatment, including Botox and fillers, the key to maximizing results lies in your skincare routine. It includes exfoliating, moisturizing, and carefully selecting anti-aging products for your skin.
What is the recovery period?
The recovery process is faster than other cosmetic treatments such as facial fillers. The procedure usually doesn’t last longer than 15 minutes, and there is no need for any special aftercare.
The Pros of PRP Facial Rejuvenation
Significant improvement in acne scars, pigmentation spots, and stretch mark removal.
• Increased elasticity of the skin and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Improved skin texture.
• Minimization of pore size.
• Increased hydration of the skin, improved skin tone, and complexion.
The Cons of PRP Facial Rejuvenation.
The procedure is time-consuming for patients and for doctors to perform. Due to the lengthiness, it is a relatively expensive procedure compared to traditional invasive cosmetic surgeries. Multiple sessions using different protocols can help obtain good results.
• It can lead to scarring.
• It doesn’t have the same healing properties as traditional surgery. But this procedure should be looked at as a tool and not just a cosmetic fix-all. It is best to work with a good plastic surgeon when deciding which cosmetic procedures are best for you.
Platelet-rich plasma is a treatment that can change your way of thinking about skin and aesthetics. With this treatment, patients can feel younger, fresher, and more beautiful than ever before with no downtime. It has been clinically proven to restore skin and soft tissue defects effectively. It also minimizes the visible signs of aging and helps create a more youthful appearance with minimal side effects. All in all, it is a procedure that deserves a place in every aesthetic practice offering rejuvenation treatments.
Not ready yet for PRP?. Dr. Carter has formulated a topical face serum with oils that have regenerative properties. To learn more and order this serum, click here.
If you have certain types of hair loss, platelet rich plasma therapy may help. It uses parts of your own blood to help stimulate your follicles. These are the structures in your skin that grow hair. PRP therapy may be able to slow hair loss and support new hair growth.
Dr. Carter can do a preliminary telehealth visit for those interested in PRP therapy, if an in-person office is difficult due to travel distance.
Call Us to Learn More: 305-680-3527
Why Choose Dr. Alicia Carter?
- Dr. Carter is an expert in Regenerative Medicine and has over 12 years of experience using PRP and stem cell therapies.
- An extensive history is taken from each patient to identify factors that contribute to hair loss. Addressing these factors will help maximize your treatment outcome.
- Patients typically experience improvement after only 1 injection by Dr. Carter, as opposed to a “monthly series” of treatments that are suggested elsewhere.
- Dr. Carter uses only FDA cleared devices to generate the best PRP sample possible.
- Dr. Carter does the entire procedure herself to ensure the best possible outcome.
Fitness and sports enthusiasts of all levels, from weekend warriors to professional athletes have benefited under Dr. Carter’s care. Performing artists with career-threatening injuries have been able to return to their profession with Dr. Carter’s holistic approach to treatment.