Platelet-rich plasma Therapy For Facial Rejuvenation
Facial Rejuvenation & Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP/PRF) Therapy
Platelet-rich plasma facial rejuvenation involves the use of platelets, which are rich and growth factors, derived from a patient’s own blood to naturally reduce the signs of aging. PRP has been shown in studies to reduce wrinkles and improve skin texture. Unlike fillers, which change the appearance of the face and skin, PRP actually creates a physiologic change by stimulating collagen production and new tissue formation for a more natural, youthful look.
The aging of skin occurs in part, due to the loss and inactivity of stem cells. As we lose stem cells in our body with age, we lose the ability to regenerate tissue. In addition to stimulating collagen production, PRP signals our own stem cells to become more active and to proliferate.
This 57-year-old patient received hypodermal PRP injections of Dr. Carter’s high-dose PRP technique into the lower face (not superficial microneedling). Results: In just 3 weeks, improvements are seen with softer nasal labial folds, tighter skin, improved volume of the cheeks, lower eyelids, and lip area for more youthful skin.
To learn more, schedule a video visit with Dr. Carter, which can be done from the comfort of your home or office. You can also text us a photo of the area of concern for an estimated fee.
Call Or Text Us: 305-680-3527
How Does PRP Work?
The process involves drawing the patient’s blood from the arm. The blood is then centrifuged multiple times at a certain speed to separate the white and red blood cells from the platelets. The plasma portion of the blood, which is free of red blood cells, contains a platelet poor portion and a platelet rich portion. The portion of the plasma that contains a high concentration of platelets is PRP. The platelets in the PRP contains a large concentration of growth factors.
The components of PRP can help stimulate cellular regeneration and growth. They contain growth factors, cytokines, and hormones such as IGF-1, FGF2, PDGF, and TGF beta. These growth factors or a powerful stimulant for the production of collagen and elastin. Collagen helps strengthen the normal function of the skin, helps tighten the skin and restores firmness. Skin texture is improved as well. Elastin helps control its elasticity.
Since the procedure doesn’t involve any drugs, it is very safe as there are minimal to no side effects associated with PRP.
What areas of the face can be treated with PRP?
Like other aesthetic treatment options such as facial fillers, this therapy can be used for different body areas, including the face, eye area, lips and neck.
PRP therapy is effective in the following areas:
- Fine lines and stretch marks
- Sun damaged and scarring skin areas
- Sagging skin
How to prepare for PRP treatment.
The first step is determining if you are an appropriate candidate for PRP treatment. A consultation is strongly recommend the first so Dr. Carter can review your medical history and assess your concerns. It is good to have realistic expectations as to what a PRP procedure can do for you.
How Much Does PRP Cost?
Platelet rich plasma/platelet rich fibrin for facial rejuvenation is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The cost of treatment depends on your specific needs, but can start around $1,500. Text or email a photo of the areas of concern and we can give you an estimated fee.
* A caution to patients “shopping” – a cheap PRP fee usually means the need for multiple treatments or a poor response. Be sure to ask if a board-certified doctor will be doing your injection, what platelet concentrations will be obtained, and how many treatments you will need.
Why Choose Dr. Alicia Carter?
- Dr. Carter is Top Doctor and an expert in Regenerative Medicine. She has has over 15 years of experience using PRP and stem cell therapies.
- Dr. Carter uses the newest, FDA-compliant PRP systems and unique methods to generate PRP concentrations 25–30 times above baseline levels (most other PRP systems only get 5-7 times above baseline).
- Patients typically experience improvement after only 1 injection by Dr. Carter, as opposed to a “monthly series” of treatments that are suggested elsewhere.
- Dr. Carter does the entire procedure herself (not an assistant or nurse) to ensure the best possible outcome.
- A medical and lifestyle history is taken from each patient to identify factors that contribute to common skin concerns. Addressing these factors will help maximize treatment outcome.
What are the risks associated with PRP Facial rejuvenation?
There aren’t any significant side effects associated with PRP. However receiving any type of injection by a needle can cause some minor adverse reactions.
1. The main adverse reaction is mild bruising.
2. Discomfort during the procedure may occur, which can be controlled with medication.
3. Infection is very rare.
5. Mild swelling of the face for about a few days after the procedure.
6. Temporary numbness, redness, or tingling may occur as the area heals. It will go away over a relatively short period.
7. Itching in the treatment area is unlikely, but can occur.
When will I see results after PRP facial rejuvenation
Visible results occur within a few weeks. Collagen production continues for months after PRP treatment. The results of this procedure can last up to 12 months or longer depending on your skin care habits and lifestyle. PRP, like other cosmetic treatments, cannot stop the aging process. Maintenance will be required.
How can you maximize results?
Make sure you have good skin health. Practicing healthy skin care habits and using quality skin care products are equally important as the procedure itself.
As with most other forms of cosmetic treatment, including Botox and fillers, the key to maximizing results lies in your skincare routine. It includes exfoliating, moisturizing, and carefully selecting quality anti-aging products for your skin.
What is the recovery period after PRP?
The recovery process is 1-2 days – similar to other injectable cosmetic treatments such as facial fillers.
The Pros of PRP Facial Rejuvenation
Significant improvement in acne scars, pigmentation spots, and stretch mark removal. This is a 100% natural treatment using your own body to rejuvenate your skin.
• Increased elasticity of the skin and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
• Improved skin texture.
• Minimization of pore size.
• Increased hydration of the skin, improved skin tone, and complexion.
The Cons of PRP Facial Rejuvenation.
The procedure can be uncomfortable for some. However injection related discomfort can be controlled with medications. Insurance does not cover the cost of PRP for cosmetic purposes. The procedure is an out-of-pocket expense.
Platelet-rich plasma is a natural treatment that can change your way of thinking about skin and aesthetics. It has been clinically proven to restore skin and soft tissue defects effectively. It also minimizes the visible signs of aging and helps create a more youthful appearance with minimal side effects. Call us to see if PRP is right for you.
Fitness and sports enthusiasts of all levels, from weekend warriors to professional athletes have benefited under Dr. Carter’s care. Performing artists with career-threatening injuries have been able to return to their profession with Dr. Carter’s holistic approach to treatment.