What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelets are blood cell fragments rich in growth factors. Platelets can be drawn from a patient’s own blood and concentrated. This is called platelet rich plasma or PRP.
PRP For Hair Loss
The Academy of International Regenerative Medicine & Surgery Societies now recommends the use of PRP for BOTH male and female pattern hair loss.
There are now numerous studies that demonstrates the efficacy of regenerative medicine therapies for men and women. PRP can be injected into the skin, below the skin and into the scalp. This can stimulate new tissue production, such as collagen – a key protein found our skin, and soft tissue. PRP can activate our own stem cells to become more active. PRP can also stimulate our hair follicles. PRP for hair loss can be done by a simple blood draw and then injection into the scalp. This is done in the office within 60 minutes. No surgery is involved.
PRP For Facial Rejuvenation
Several studies have demonstrated improvement in skin texture, wrinkles, complexion/skin tone and ultraviolet (sun) spots. PRP can be injected below the skin. This can stimulate new tissue production, such as collagen – a key protein found our skin, which we gradually lose has we age. PRP can be done alone or can combined with other treatments, such as hyaluronic acid injections. PRP for facial rejuvenation can be done by a simple blood draw and injection under the skin in the office within 60-90 minutes. No surgery is involved.
Why Choose Dr. Alicia Carter?
- Dr. Carter is an expert in Regenerative Medicine and has over 12 years of experience using PRP and stem cell therapies.
- An extensive history is taken from each patient to identify factors that contribute to hair loss. Addressing these factors will help maximize your treatment outcome.
- Patients typically experience improvement after only 1 injection by Dr. Carter, as opposed to a “monthly series” of treatments that are suggested elsewhere.
- Dr. Carter uses only FDA cleared devices to generate the best PRP sample possible.
- Dr. Carter does the entire procedure herself to ensure the best possible outcome.
If you have certain types of hair loss, platelet rich plasma therapy may help. It uses parts of your own blood to help stimulate your follicles. These are the structures in your skin that grow hair. PRP therapy may be able to slow hair loss and support new hair growth.
Call Us to Learn More: 305-680-3527
Fitness and sports enthusiasts of all levels, from weekend warriors to professional athletes have benefited under Dr. Carter’s care. Performing artists with career-threatening injuries have been able to return to their profession with Dr. Carter’s holistic approach to treatment.