PRP Injections - Medical Indications
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelets are blood cell fragments rich in growth factors. Platelets can be drawn from a patient’s own blood and concentrated. This is called platelet rich plasma or PRP.
PRP For Hair Loss
The Academy of International Regenerative Medicine & Surgery Societies now recommends the use of PRP for BOTH male and female pattern hair loss.
There are now numerous studies that demonstrates the efficacy of regenerative medicine therapies for men and women. PRP can be injected into the skin, below the skin and into the scalp. This can stimulate new tissue production, such as collagen – a key protein found our skin, and soft tissue. PRP can activate our own stem cells to become more active. PRP can also stimulate our hair follicles. PRP for hair loss can be done by a simple blood draw and then injection into the scalp. This is done in the office within 60-90 minutes. No surgery is involved.
Not ready for PRP yet? Dr. Carter realizes the expense and discomfort that is associated with PRP for hair loss. Therefor, she created a drug-free product made from plant stem cells and other plant extracts. This topical hair serum that supports hair growth in BOTH men and women. It is available online now. To learn more and order this product, click here.
PRP For Facial Rejuvenation
Several studies have demonstrated improvement in skin texture, wrinkles, complexion/skin tone and ultraviolet (sun) spots. PRP can be injected below the skin. This can stimulate new tissue production, such as collagen – a key protein found our skin, which we gradually lose has we age. PRP can be done alone or can combined with other treatments, such as hyaluronic acid injections. PRP for facial rejuvenation can be done by a simple blood draw and injection under the skin in the office within 60-90 minutes. No surgery is involved.
Not ready yet for PRP?. Dr. Carter has created her own skin care line that is made with synthetic-free, plant-based ingredients that have regenerative properties. To learn more and order this serum, click here.
Why Choose Dr. Alicia Carter?
There is significant variation among providers in the way PRP is done as well as the pre and post injection care.
- Dr. Carter is a Top Doctor and a regenerative medicine expert. She has been using PRP to help her patients, including professional athletes and dancers, for over 15 years.
- Dr. Carter uses one of the best PRP machines on the market. Her patients typically only need 1 injection; not a series of 2-3 treatments recommended elsewhere.
- The entire procedure is done by Dr. Carter – not a nurse or physician assistant.
- Dr. Carter is one of a few doctors that prescribes and uses medication to control injection-related pain before, during and after the procedure for minimal discomfort.
- Patients of Dr. Carter’s are given a complete treatment plan, not just the injection.
- Dr. Carter has some of the best outcomes and her treatments last much longer than most. How do we know? Dr. Carter often sees patients who had PRP elsewhere. When their treatment does not work as expected or does not last, those same patients eventually come to see Dr. Carter.
If you have certain types of hair loss, platelet rich plasma therapy may help. It uses parts of your own blood to help stimulate your follicles. These are the structures in your skin that grow hair. PRP therapy may be able to slow hair loss and support new hair growth.
Fitness and sports enthusiasts of all levels, from weekend warriors to professional athletes have benefited under Dr. Carter’s care. Performing artists with career-threatening injuries have been able to return to their profession with Dr. Carter’s holistic approach to treatment.